The Main Aim
The Pastoral Care Team consists of the following groups:
- Student Support Team,
- Year Heads,
- the Class Tutors,
- the SPHE teachers,
- the Career Guidance Counsellor,
The Class Tutor
While the Pastoral Care system permeates the whole life of the school there is also in place a Pastoral Care Team who have a responsibility for and a special role in the operation of the Pastoral Care system within Grange Post Primary School.
The Benefits of Pastoral Care
- It makes a positive contribution to the pupil’s personal and social development. Through various programmes such as Social, Personal and Health Education and others, the pupils have an opportunity to learn a range of skills and reflect on ways to handle important situations in life.
- It makes a contribution to student achievement.
- Enhances Home – School relations.
- Provides a range of support services for our students.
Aims of Pastoral Care
- To break the school down into smaller units so that each student is well known in our school, especially to his/her Year Head.
- To provide a link between each individual student and school staff.
- To provide a link between school and parents through the Year Head whom they know to have a special knowledge of their child.
- To assist each individual student to enrich his/her personal life.
- To support subject teachers.
- To act as an early warning system for students who may need special support.